Contact Information


Room 208
PO Box 686
Greenup, Kentucky 41144
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM-4:30 PM
Phone: (606) 473-7394
Fax: (606) 473-5354


2513 Reed Street,
Suite 3
Flatwoods, Kentucky 41139
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM-4:30 PM
Phone: (606) 836-1944
Fax: (606) 836-1444


69 Narco Drive
South Shore, Kentucky 41175
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM-4:30 PM
Closed for Lunch 12:00 PM-1:00 PM
Phone: (606) 932-6564
Fax: (606) 932-3691

Helpful Links

Kentucky Transportation Cabinet

501 High Street
Frankfort, KY 40622
(502) 564-5301 – Office
(502) 564-4809 – Fax

Kentucky Revenue Cabinet

200 Fair Oaks Lane
Frankfort, KY 40620
(502) 564-4540 – Office
(502) 564-2132 – Fax

Kentucky State Board of Elections

Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 573-7100 – Office
(502) 573-4369 – Fax

Secretary of State

700 Capitol Avenue Suite 152
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-3490 – Office
(502) 564-5687 – Fax

Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives

300 Coffee Tree Road
P.O. Box 537
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-8300 – Office


Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife

1 Game Farm Road
Frankfort, KY 40601
(800) 858-1549 – Office

Kentucky Vehicle Information

501 High Street
Frankfort, KY 40622
(502) 564-5301 – Office
(502) 564-4809 – Fax

Cabinet for Health & Family Services – Office of Vital Statistics

275 East Main Street 1E-A
Frankfort, KY 40621
(502) 564-4212

Commonwealth Office for Technology

101 Cold Harbor Drive
Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 564-7680 – Office
(502) 564-7680 – TTY/TTD
(502) 564-2438 – Fax


Q:Where should I go to register a vehicle?

A: Please go to for all of your vehicle related questions.

Q: How much does it cost to record a deed?

A: $50.00 for the first five pages and $3.00 for each additional page plus $1.00 tax for each $1,000.00 paid for the property.

Q: How do I get a handicap placard?

A: Come in, pick up a form and have your doctor to sign it.

Q: How can I get a disabled hunting and fishing license?

A: $50.00 for the first five pages and $3.00 for each additional page plus $1.00 tax for each $1,000.00 paid for the property.

Q: How do I apply for a marriage license?

A: Both individuals need a picture I.D. and a Social Security card. The fee is $50.00.

Q: How can I register to vote?

A: Come to the County Clerk’s office in Greenup, Flatwoods and/or South Shore and we will gladly register you to vote.

Q: What hours are the Clerk’s offices open?

A: Monday – Friday from 9:00AM – 4:30PM.
We are closed on Saturdays and Sundays

Q: What do I need to do if I have traffic or court issues?

A: Please call the Circuit Clerk at 606-473-9869.

Q: How do I become a Notary Public?

A: Notary public commissions are valid for four (4) years. The following requirements must be met:
Applicant must be eighteen (18) years old or older
Resident of Greenup County
Good moral character
Capable of discharging duties imposed by law
Cannot be a convicted felon
Applicant must complete and application for Appointment to the Office of Notary Public Form. Form may be picked up in the County Clerk’s Office or can be downloaded from the Secretary of State website.
Application must be signed by the Judge Executive, County Clerk or Circuit Clerk, Justice of the Peace, or a member of the General Assembly of the county of residence of the applicant(s).
The completed application must be mailed to:
Kentucky Secretary of State
Notary Commissions
PO Box 821
Frankfort, KY 40602-0821
A $10.00 fee must accompany the application.

If approved, the applicant will be notified that a “Certificate of Appointment” has been sent to the applicant’s County Clerk. The applicant must come to the County Clerk’s Office to take the oath of office and post bond. The bond may be an insurance policy bond or a property owner can be the surety. The property owner must come to the clerk’s office and sign for the applicant.

The recording fee is $19.00.

Skip to content